Thanksgiving Treat: Joe Angle’s Yellow Squash Casserole
As many of you know, I worked 27 years for the Houston Independent School District, beginning under Superintendent Billy Reagan. I first had this casserole at a potluck gathering in his office at the administration office. I thought it was so good, I asked for the recipe from Joe Angle, the Deputy Superintendent who brought it. The Noriega family has enjoyed it ever since.
Joe Angle’s Yellow Squash Casserole
- 2 lbs. yellow (summer) squash (washed and sliced)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 lb. butter
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 bag cornbread stuffing mix
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Boil squash and onion until tender, drain.
- Add butter to hot, drained veggies to melt.
- Add other ingredients and half of stuffing mix , fold together. Put in casserole and sprinkle other half of stuffing mix on top.
- Bake at 300 degrees for 45 minutes